Tuesday, March 9, 2010

In the Side Order Poll ~ Onion Rings Are Tops!


The voting was extremely close and pollsters undoubtedly would refer to it as a statistical tie. I'll also admit that the results were a little surprising to me.
.
While I absolutely love Onion Rings, I would not expect them to garner the blue ribbon in our poll. The Rings, possibly bolstered by the tempting photos from our test kitchen, came in with 38% of the vote.
.
Second place, while supported by Hot Diggity's vote, was a shock to me. The Bag of Chips, with 33% of the vote, edged ahead of French Fries to take the consolation prize. That left French Fries in dead last place.
.
I tried to rationalize the results. I even briefly decided that there must have been several British voters who, when they voted for Chips actually meant French Fries. Heck, if you confuse the game of soccer with football, a little confusion in a side order discussion is to be expected. When I came to my senses, I realized the poll selection was a Bag of Chips which was unmistakable, and I decided to let the vote stand as is.
.
The voters have spoken and the results reveal that Yank's Franks will need to have all three choices.
.
I'm still guessing that we serve more French Fries than the other two choices. But, it won't matter as long as you get what you want.
.
If you are a first time reader, don't miss the Hot Dog Bulletin! posted last Saturday.
.
Frankly, we (will) serve the best Hot Dogs!
.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Maine Yellow Pages
My blog is listed in the Big Blog Collection
Blog Search Engine
BlogCatalog
Bloggy Award