Monday, November 21, 2011

A Yank's Franks Restaurant Review ~ The Maine Diner



One of the great things about living in the Wells, Maine area is access to an amazing place to eat called, The Maine Diner.

Hot Diggity and I were out Christmas shopping and were getting pretty hungry. In spite of the amazing Chili Dog fix I got at Hoss & Mary's last Friday, I was still jonesin' for more. A stop at the great Maine Diner was the answer.

One of Hot Diggity's favorite things to have for lunch (and for dinner) is breakfast. One of my favorite things to have for lunch (and for breakfast...and for dinner) is a Chili Dog. We knew what would satisfy both of our cravings.


Over the course of the last 30 years for me and the last XX years for Hot Diggity (I removed the number because Hot Diggity looks too young to go back that far) The Maine Diner has been a favorite with us.

Hot Diggity had her predictable breakfast selection. For me it was the bowl of Chili with 2 hot dogs. Being the clever foodie that I am, I not only turned these ingredients into chili dogs (I should be on the Food Channel), I accepted Hot Diggity's offer to choose French Fries with her meal and I was clever enough to turn her Fries into my Chili Fries. I am so creative.

The Maine Diner is awesome and consistent. We have dined there so many times, and have never had anything other than excellent meals.

Don't let the line of people bother you. There is a reason people are waiting...it's that good!!!

Frankly, Wells, Maine is fortunate to have such a great place to eat!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Maine Yellow Pages
My blog is listed in the Big Blog Collection
Blog Search Engine
BlogCatalog
Bloggy Award