Sunday, January 2, 2011

Where's The Beef?



The beef was in the Yank's Franks' testing labratory. Actually it was the Italian Beef, imported from Chicago the land of great politicians and even greater hot dogs.

The judges were set. Each one of them, Hot Diggity, Double Dog Dennis, The Hot Dog King and me (Yank) had sworn to skip several meals prior to the tasting and arrive super hungry. I wasn't able to skip breakfast, but I did skip my mid-morning snack. Well, I didn't skip it, but I had far less than I otherwise would have. Well, not far less, but less. Hey, the point is, I was very hungry.
The menu was set, and the Italian Beef sandwiches were to be the highlight. I felt we couldn't have a legitimate tasting without a sidedish so I added onion rings to balance things out. They weren't the amazing Yank's Franks onion rings, but they weren't bad.
To wash it all down, we had the famous Yank's Franks Root Beer. What a meal!

As you can see from the photo, we gathered around the tasting table for our first bite of the Beef sandwiches. What you may not know from my previous posts is, The Hot Dog King is in the Witness Protection Program (you now understand why his title The Hot Dog King doesn't include his name) so his face had to be obscured to protect his identity.

The Italian Beef was made by taking very thinly sliced roast beef which is placed briefly into Au Jus gravy and then onto a warm and crispy bread roll. Then you add a ladle of Au Jus gravy followed by some cooked sweet peppers to finish this awesome sandwich. Some people (me in particular) like to have their sandwich topped with Hot Giardiniera. It was delicious, I mean delizioso!

I always said I'd like to get a job eating or testing mattresses. One more check mark on my Bucket List. Even though Yank's Franks won't be opening until May, we continue to do research to bring our customers the best eating experience possible.

Frankly, we serve the BEST dogs!

1 comment:

  1. I came across your site from the foodieblogroll and I'd love to guide Foodista readers to your site. I hope you could add this hotdog widget at the end of this post so we could add you in our list of food bloggers who blogged about hotdogs,Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Maine Yellow Pages
My blog is listed in the Big Blog Collection
Blog Search Engine
BlogCatalog
Bloggy Award