Tuesday, June 8, 2010

I've Been on a Blogging Vacation


While it has been over a week since my last blog, the pace of our progress has been exciting. In the past 9 days we have:

- Filed for permits with the State Fire Marshal.

- Selected (hired) a general contractor.

- Filed for our primary building permit (in addition to the previous permit filed on May 26th).

- Applied for a license with the Maine Department of Health and Human Services.

- Applied for a State Sales Tax Certificate.

- Met with and hired a company to build our signs. The image above is a sign that will appear at the roof line of the building.

- Completed 15 week ServSafe course, passed the exam and received my certificate (I'm so bright, my father called me Sunny).

- Met with our insurance agent and arranged to have insurance in place as of the closing on the real estate.

Of course, while taking care of the above we gotta eat (ahh, I mean conduct research). Not only have we been visiting hot dog joints, but we've expanded our research to Mexican food places. We still haven't identified our perfect hot dog chili. We have had some great chili, but it wasn't hot dog chili. We'll keep looking.

Does anyone know what is unique about both Texas Chili and Hot Dog Chili? Post a comment with your answer. No prizes, just bragging rights.

We close on our real estate next Monday. Shortly thereafter our construction will begin and our neat little building will be converted into Yank's Franks, the best "Hot Dog Joint" ever.

Frankly, we (will) serve the BEST dogs!
.

3 comments:

  1. No beans about it: Don't put beans in my Texas chili or on my chilidog, Blogger. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Debbie K. wins all the challenges. This one is no exception. Neither Texas chili nor hot dog chili has any beans.
    Good job using your bean Debbie.

    ReplyDelete

Maine Yellow Pages
My blog is listed in the Big Blog Collection
Blog Search Engine
BlogCatalog
Bloggy Award