Monday, March 5, 2012

Maine Hot Dog Stands (Joints)


Maine is a beautiful state, but best of all, Maine has some great Hot Dog Stands (or Joints as I prefer to call them).

I have sampled some of them and I have put the Joints I have yet to sample on my "to do" list.

I am listing the Hot Dog Joints of Maine in alphabetical order. I am certain I have missed some so please feel free to post a comment or email me to let me know the Joints I have left out.

The Joints I have had the pleasure of visiting I am rating on a scale of one * to five *****. I wish I could do something more clever than *, but I'm not a computer guy, I'm a hot dog guy.

If you see your favorite and I have rated it less than you would have, don't be upset, it's just a matter of taste. Also, for those that have not noticed, this blog is the Yank's Franks blog so, of course, Yank's gets a *****. Hey, it's a matter of taste.

Ava's Hot Dog Stand, Oakland
Bolley's Famous Franks, Hallowell ***
Chicago Dogs, Scarborough ****
Danny's Hot Dogs, Brunswick
The Dog House, Kittery ***
Don's Famous Franks, Augusta **
Dunton's Doghouse, Boothbay Harbor
Flo's Hot Dogs, York *
Hot Diggity Dogs, Kennebunk ****
Perry's Sidewalk Cafe/Almost Famous Since 1994!, Portland
Rapid Ray's, Saco *
Red's Eats, Wiscasset ****
Rosie's Hot Dogs, Eastport
Simone's, Lewiston
Upie's Take Out, Port Clyde
Wasses Hot Dogs, Rockland *****
Yank's Franks, Wells (I told you *****)

That's my list so far.
Let me know if you have a favorite or if you want to weigh in with your ratings.

2 comments:

  1. This will come in handy next August when we go Hot Doggin' in Maine! There's a new cart that opened in Arundel http://blog.kennebunkpost.com/2011/09/22/entrepreneur-opens-arundel-hot-dog-stand.aspx

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have stopped at and sampled Pak's. I think he has a terrible location. He purchased a pretty fancy cart and I hope he does well, but I suspect he won't be at that location very long.

    ReplyDelete

Maine Yellow Pages
My blog is listed in the Big Blog Collection
Blog Search Engine
BlogCatalog
Bloggy Award