Thursday, March 31, 2011

Hoss & Mary's Tasty Grub ~ Old Orchard Beach, Maine


Take a trip to Old Orchard Beach and don't miss Hoss & Mary's Tasty Grub. Hoss & Mary's had their pre-opening today and their official opening is tomorrow.

Three fourths of the Yank's Franks research crew, Double Dog Dennis, The Hot Dog King and I traveled north in anticipation of some "tasty grub." We entered Hoss & Mary's new restaurant (they used to operate Tradewinds Cafe) and we were overwhelmed. What a fantastic place and it's on the beach. As they advertise, Hoss & Mary's is, "In the shadow of the roller coaster!"

As for our expectations of the tasty grub, we talked about it all the way home. It was awesome. Double Dog Dennis got a cheeseburger and fries ( a little boring DD) which he thoroughly enjoyed. The Hot Dog King decided on The Foghorn Leghorn, a cheeseburger topped with chicken fingers, lettuce, tomato and mayo. He is known as The Hot Dog King, but had I been a little more patient in assigning him his hot dog name, he would have been The French Fry King. Needless to say, he selected and loved the fries. For me it was The Moultron, a sandwich named after another of Hoss & Mary's faithful customers(and obviously a foodie genius). My sandwich was simply a cheeseburger topped with a grilled hot dog. I added mustard to make my sandwich the little piece of foodie heaven that I am still dreaming about. My fries were excellent, but that sandwich...WOW!


It's definitely worth a trip up to Old Orchard Beach. Enjoy the rides, enjoy the beach...but you have to eat at and enjoy Hoss & Mary's Tasty Grub. Their menu has something for everyone and from the comments and observations of everyone that showed up today, everything is just amazing.

Frankly, the Yank's Franks research team knows where to dine!

1 comment:

  1. Hello,

    My name is Jocelyn and I am with Dwellable. I am looking for fun and authentic blogs about Old Orchard Beach and yours happened to catch my eye. If you’re open to it, shoot me an e-mail at jocelyn(at)dwellable(dot)com.

    Hope to hear from you soon!
    - Jocelyn

    ReplyDelete

Maine Yellow Pages
My blog is listed in the Big Blog Collection
Blog Search Engine
BlogCatalog
Bloggy Award